Friday, May 17, 2013

What's the best advice you could give to aspiring writers?

Live in your dreams . . . hang onto your past . . . and use the present to craft your sentences! That's my answer in one sentence. Bingo!

I've been very fortunate to have crossed paths with some truly interesting characters. Of course, being in law enforcement, in a prior life, certainly exposed me to the likes of rapists and murderers. But, what about working with the establishment? I noticed early on, attorneys and bored doctors wives seemed to aspire to political office. Boredom and money seemed to be a huge motivator. Then what about the influence of bad cops on the hopes and aspirations of the good ones? I know a lot of folks have considered the 'unbelievable' photos of a Chief 'caught in the act', that I worked with. But you know what? cover-ups, scandal and apathy are what it's all about in the good ol' United States.

Last but not least, take up classes, read, I've always devoured stuff from Kesey to Fitzgerald. But write on.

Well, as they say, Thats all Folks! Have a great weekend. I'm headed to the great state of Wisconsin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree to Disagree

I'm not big on say, hostage taking. You know, it's always been a crime and continues to be. Murderous rampages have never been my th...