The questions that boom from my thoughts are as follows.
- Why was the tape suppressed for a year? I'm not buying the on going investigation. Common sense applied here . . . what new leads were being followed after a year?
- Did any of the others who were on the scene to serve and protect take exception to this incident? How is shooting a guy 16 times warranted? Simply spontaneous gun fire? Over kill? or lets consider this . . . how is the use of deadly force even warranted in the first place?
- Why did the prosecutor file charges minutes before the video was released?
- Was Officer Jason Van Dyke allowed to remain on active duty during this year long investigation? If so . . . weren't we all possible victims of his implementation of authority?
- Is the Union and supporting officers seeing the same dash cam video the rest of us have seen?