Monday, February 29, 2016

So I'm in Rochester

Hung out in Rochester. Stayed at the Kahler. Bernie and the Dalai Laama were also in town.

Get this . . . I am struggling with polishing up a manuscript and minding my own business. I end up meeting this incredible lady who seemed to have stepped out of my latest story, I am currently working on. Her life experiences, where she is from and where she is going was simply mesmerizing to say the least.

We discussed things, including the brutal treatment of women in Paksitan and India. I then recieve the following email. Got to believe in the power of positive.

 Curt –

Saba was shot in the face, put in a bag and thrown in a river in Pakistan by her father and uncle at age 19. The reason? She wanted to marry for love.

Amazingly, Saba survived. However, her father and uncle walked free because she was pressured to ‘forgive’ them, which is currently allowed by the law in Pakistan.

Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

While our Attention is on Foreign Wars

the killings continue in the good old United States. Will provide another installment of People Shooter soon enough.