Thursday, January 18, 2018

Why Write What I Write?

Great question and I thank the reader for it. Let me give one example of why I write. Last week, during the public portion comment of the Vermilion Parish School Board's meeting, English teacher Deyshia Hargrave spoke up. She was arrested and the School Board President called her a 'poor little woman'. Here is what grinds me. Nobody in the crowd was brave enough to stand up and be heard with her. Nobody. If I was there two people, who cherish the 1st Amendment, would have been arrested. I am very proud of my short time serving on a School Board and would not have sat back and allowed this woman to be marginalized like this. Never. My motto? Randle McMurphy said it best . . . "Well, I tried, didn't I? Goddammnit, at least I did that."


3 comments:

  1. People have a hard time voicing their opinion...until it is their ox that is being gored. What gets me about that school board meeting, was that the majority of the people seemed to agree with her. What the heck...if they were my back up team, I'd go play for another team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give them hell Curt. Your the best damn thing happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love san fran! when you going to HAVE A READING IN minnesota?

    ReplyDelete

Another day; Another Reject!

  Your comment on "Hamas and Iran celebrate anti-Gaza war protests taking US colleges by storm" violates the community guidelines ...