Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thanks

So many questions. Must say I'm finding it very gratifying that so many of you are enjoying the book. One top reviewer in the world wrote . . . The story, with its cataclysmic climax, was pretty extreme, but from reading newspaper headlines about corrupt cops, I know this kind of thing does happen in real life, perhaps not quite so dramatically, but it happens. Author Curt Rude has done a nice job of fictionally describing one "bad cop" scenario. It's been very rewarding to tell a story that hopefully exposes corrupt behavior in all it's heinous glory. Only with knowledge can we tip toe towards positive change. Stop back later today for the answer to . . . Ha-ten Peyton!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've just read the first two chapters as you have them posted on your website and I am dying to get my hands on this book. (I can't read ebooks; I love the smell, feel, and heft of a 'real' book.)
    As someone born and raised in 'Normal' and as someone who enjoys true crime I am very intrigued by your story and the characters in it.
    ...like a grittier, more harrowing, dark Peyton Place. Plus, having my own negative experience with a certain former chief and officer at the NPD I can't wait to read the rest of the 'whole truth.'

    Although I don't know you personally, we did have a dear mutual friend who has unfortunately passed away. He thought quite highly of you and held you in the upmost respect even when most were quick to judge you and drag your name through the mud. He convinced me you are one of the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. You can pick up a 'real' book on Amazon with speedy delivery. Or, if that doesn't work get a hold of me, 437-8874 and I'll make it work! Would love to hear what you think of Normal, the Police Chief, Mayor and on and on. Or keep an eye on this blog, I'm going to post a contest, and will hand deliver a copy. Or another idea, swing buy the Prairie Winds Coffee Shop in downtown Albert Lea on 011013 4-6. I'm having another book signing. Would love to talk to you.

    ReplyDelete

Agree to Disagree

I'm not big on say, hostage taking. You know, it's always been a crime and continues to be. Murderous rampages have never been my th...