- Where does your inspiration come from? It springs out of my life experiences.
- How did you write stories before they started really happening? I could see it coming easily enough. I'd been involved in law enforcement in one capacity or another since 1979. When the officers started embracing the military model and gave up on community based policing Ferguson and on and on started happening. The New York Times is reporting New York is settling the Eric Garner case for 5.9 million. Ouch! How's that for an admission that the cops done choked that man to death? on the sidewalks of The Big Apple?
- Why is all of this happening now? The song remains the same but technology has evolved . . . as in cameras . . . for the masses. Check out the murder of Walter Scott and the initial actions of the officer as he tosses a taser near the body. Think of what would have happened if no video was available.
- You writing another book? You bet! I've found a passion for social fiction. I've served and protected in a prior life and now carry on the tradition, the life choice to be a part of the solution. To see it for what it is and to hit it with the plain and simple truth.
- Have you read any good books lately? Just finished Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Melton. Man is she involved in the truth of the matter. After coming clean about issues in her life she had to come to terms with the dreaded social condemnation of her past. People are basically unable to talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to issues of forgiveness. Carry on Glennon, You're worth it,