Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Live and Learn

I did not, nor will I, read this book. This man says he attended the trial of Jerimie Hicks?
Who he quotes on the back of the book? If he did then he saw video testimony of Jerimie
admitting he bashed in a little girls head, and then put her in pajamas and left her upstairs
in her bed to die while he tried to clean the evidence. To quote him and portray him as a
victim completely sickens me... Mr. Rude the real victim was Kaelyn Serene Bray... She
was three... And Jerimie showed his character when he hurt her, and left her injured for hours.
How dare you profit from my sisters heartbreak.

I'm not sure what or if we can actually learn to avoid unpleasantness. I am certain that hate and condemnation is not the answer. Unfortunately others have also lost their precious lifes. I could pick and choose. Amara 11 - Sophie 8 -  Cecilliaa Schaffhausen are just one example, Profit from heartbreak? No. I was trained at the National Police Academy that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We have to be vigilant for opportunities to learn. To understand . . . to better our Criminal Justice System. Jerimie is given an opportunity to express himself. His point of view would have been over looked. Jerimie and his family, who I can assure you are wonderful individuals, I mean his father was a police officer, love their son just as Kaelyn is loved by her family.


I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good. 


Girls_Killed.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree to Disagree

I'm not big on say, hostage taking. You know, it's always been a crime and continues to be. Murderous rampages have never been my th...