Book Reviewer for the Midwest Book Reviews assumed my story involved cops hounding bad guys. If you want that kind of story get a Sandford book. He has some great Virgil Flowers and Lucas Davenport characters out there. My story took him completely by surprise. "Good Lord, your story is dark. So dark. This might be upsetting for some people. It demeans women." Well, I feel it was a story that had to be told. I remained faithful to my characters. If there are characters in my story who are not gentlemen, well, there you go. I have met men who were not gentlemen. Who treated women awfully. I was a cop in a prior life ya know. These types of fellows are indeed found lurking in my stories.
Ethel Rohan, author of ‘Out of Dublin’ on Curt Rude's writing. "Overall, great writing style. Reminds me of Rushdie: internal, emotionally complicated, and dualistic. Delivered with a sensitivity and awareness that is underrated. In one word his work is Awesome!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Norway
Looks like Norway to Brussels then ending up in Belgium. Looking forward to it.
-
Just Notified 'The Passionate Jihadist' was awarded First Prize as a Master Novel. Excited and many heart-felt Thank You...
-
u ever thougth of how u gonna die maybe on round to your empty head or a knife a cross the neck and you make fun of Islam no more you sorry...
-
Looks like Norway to Brussels then ending up in Belgium. Looking forward to it.
-
Man what a gift. My Editor in Chief is truly heaven sent. He is heading to Russia but oh c'mon man. No collusion. Just plain awesome in...
-
Yikes on the last post. Guess you got to be careful! Serious question. What is the most serious issue confronting this nation (US) currentl...
-
50 Rapes - 12 Murders while the perp was employed as a police officer. To think, JusThis was described as 'a turning out the lights in ...
-
Hopefully Malala will not share the fate of Benazir Bhutto. There are gentlemen in Pakistan who think nothing of shooting unarmed women. Ca...
-
29 murdered in U.S. Schools so far in 2018 . . . 13 killed in the Military. Not much to report on school murders in the Middle East. The Ta...
-
I get it already. It's like what can I do about the world situation. Well you know me. I figured there had to be something we could all...
No comments:
Post a Comment