Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Two styles of Policing

joe hoffman on Sep 18, 2013 at 16:33:09

“"I don't mean to scare you here"

LOL. You don't scare me. You make me laugh, actually, because, in most cases, you criminal justice/law enforcement professors are a joke. In most cases, you guys are elitists and snobs who lack fundamental patrol experience. It's like you all can't wait to publicly throw LEOs under the bus, and usually, no reason exists to do so from the start. This isn't the first time I've called one of you out online, although I will give you credit for being the first one to respond to me.

By the way, I have a Criminal Justice degree and it's absolutely worthless to me. In my opinion, it's nothing but a money making racket. There was no structure and consistency to how it was taught and it never helped me get a job in law enforcement. What got me the job was being a good test taker and military preference points. Nowadays, I tell aspiring LEOs to forget about Criminal Justice and get a degree they can actually fall back on if they can't get into law enforcement.”

Police Chief Burbank   Hit this link and scan it. Then ask yourself, which one of these folks do you want policing in your community.

The first officer was pointing out to yours truly what his thoughts are regarding policing in American. Two styles going on here you can see. I guess it's safe to say I am not in the 'militarizing' police model. Great book on this topic by the way . . . Rise of the Warrior Cop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What!

Harry  replied to your comment on "Symbol Lookup from Yahoo Finance" www.curt-rude.com   Thu 25 Apr 2024 03:37:42 PM Love him or H...