Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Establishment

Get this. Me. Renegade Rude. I'm like somewhere between nowhere and really nowhere and get caught in a cold cloud burst. I'm on a bike. What'd I do? I landed in some kind of bar, a cool writer put it together. Its like under a tarp with all kinds of messages and thoughts penned on the walls. I order a beer to warm up with after combing my hair. The local roustabouts were less than friendly. They claimed I looked like a member of the Establishment! I'm like . . . "Oh Common Man, I'm the first dude to ever get voted off a School Board. I'm totally serious and it was in the land of Minnesota Nice. That broke the ice I tell ya. We were into a book reading in no time.

I told them in all seriousness, that taking a stand for teachers was one of the proudest moments of my life. To stand up for teachers who contribute so much. They all had favorite teacher stories that we shared. Like I said, ya gotta stand up for something or you'll fall for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What!

Harry  replied to your comment on "Symbol Lookup from Yahoo Finance" www.curt-rude.com   Thu 25 Apr 2024 03:37:42 PM Love him or H...