Saturday, January 18, 2020

First Umbrellas . . . Then Weed

Londoners got worked-up over umbrellas, because the feeling was, all Englishmen would be weakened if not exposed to the elements. This is in the seventeenth century. So a anti-umbrella-ist group formed and demanded the banning of all umbrellas. They claimed the purpose of rain is to make people wet and thus toughing 'em up a bit.

Today there are those across the nation demanding weed be damned because smoking a joint results in the religious minded longing for sex. I guess logic dictates getting high and stayin' dry creates weak perverts. Now that I got that off my chest onward hoe . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the old city center of Valencia Spain today on a cold rainy day, I stopped and bought a umbrella, weak or smart??? I'm going for smart. As for the weed, I did see any for sale, so sticking with the umbrella side of the story.


    What time is it?
    Reub

    ReplyDelete

Humbled

  www.curt-rude.com Cop in a Prior Life. Author currently. My writing involves the Human Animal. Murder-Mayhem and well, you get the picture...