Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Kokou Part #3

 I thank those of you who pointed out that Kokou was an immigrant from Togo. I got to thinking perhaps Kokou was merely in traffic with a machete because that is acceptable in Togo. I did a quick search and discovered Togo does not permit the carrying of machetes. A police officer noted Kokou was threatening others. He was tased and shot with foam bullets. In the winter, layers of clothing limit the effectiveness of these less than lethal rounds. This enabled Kokou to flee into a house. Family members have attributed some of this behavior to mental illness. Getting struck with a machete from a mentally ill subject in no way makes it less harmful. Cops shouldn't have to get assaulted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hunting

Looks like I'm headed to Superior for some agate hunting and a book signing. Hit me up if you want a presentation between said city and,...