Tuesday, March 19, 2024

People Shooter #7


Officer Tracy got back in the squad and slammed the door. She drove off the curb, one tire at a time, before heading toward Second where a right turn would take them to the Police Station.

A lady in a bathrobe pushed herself out of the crowd and onto the street. As she bent down and hollered into the squad, McShuster looked down. “Is that you, Jimmy? Look at me. You’re gonna pay for this. If I had’da gun—” A man stepped in front of her and gently corralled her back to the crowd, but she spun and screamed, “I always knew you was a killer!”

McShuster’s head felt like it was under water, like it was floating away from him. He suddenly got dizzy and wanted to puke. “Offizzer Lazy, you seed that lady? Seed not good. I got no grillfriend to laugh whiff? Alone all-time ‘cause you don’t wears Patagonzia? To waltz in thirsty below wind chill? The rich have car and stop for ya. They hitz it, when your frozen fingauzes reach for the dough?” Blood trickled from his nose.

“You on something back there?” She studied his face. He looked like he was falling asleep. Fentanyl? She didn’t know.

Now what? Hospital? Going to be busy there tonight. How in the hell could she take him to the hospital? That would just get him killed. His victims must have already started arriving and their families would be showing up.

“I’m good.” He pulled himself up. “Thanks for loosenin’ up the cuffs. They were killin’ me. I never knew them things hurt so much.”

“I can turn this recorder off if your done talking,” Officer Tracy said.

“You know, they always let on they know my ma drinks too much or sleeps around. That gets old. I don’t like thinking about it all the time. In school I think about it because they give me the business.” McShuster was relieved to be away from the school. “I mean, I can’t even walk down the hall without a girl rolling her eyes or hoofing it around me. Ain’t official bullying, I suppose, but it still ain’t right in my book.” His voice cracked. “How I stop my ma from doing stuff?”

“I’m still recording. I read you your rights and you are free to remain silent. Is your mother the reason for tonight?”

The officer is still in police mode. She is making sure her suspect knows he's being recorded and she's wondering if it would be safe for him at the E.R. I had this happen to me once when I was transporting a suspect, in a triple stabbing, to the hospital because he slashed his hand. I researched this story and include my own experience's. Thanks for all the interest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What!

Harry  replied to your comment on "Symbol Lookup from Yahoo Finance" www.curt-rude.com   Thu 25 Apr 2024 03:37:42 PM Love him or H...